Wakefield MAG Annual General Meeting - Wed 14th January 2009
The branch held itís 7th Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 14th January 2009 at the Grey Horse. Twenty five Wakefield members attended the AGM, together with Sheila MacFarlaine (Yorkshire Regional Rep) and Jane Chisholm (National Chair MAG UK). This was one of our best attended AGM's so a huge Thank You to everyone who attended (and a whopping 75 branch points duly awarded to all).
2008 had been another fantastic year for the branch. We packed an enormous amount of activities into the year, achieved an awful lot, made a lot of money for MAG (Wakefield are the biggest fundraising group in the region, who don't run their own rally), but above all, had a lot of fun along the way. Particular thanks were given to the 2008 committee, which is widely felt had been the strongest and best committee in the history of the branch. The Branch finances were looking very healthy so we voted to make a sizeable donation of £500 to the MAG fighting fund, via Yorkshire MAG.
Our new branch committee for 2009 was voted in and this is:
- Rep: Steve Travis (Re-elected)
- Deputy Rep: Eddie Johnson (Re-elected)
- Treasurer: Justine Travis (Re-elected)
- Products Officer: Mick Culpan (Re-elected)
- Political Officer: Ian Whittaker (Re-elected)
- Social Committee: Lorna Jaques, Sue Evans, Corinne Duma & Kelly Evans (Re-elected)
- MAP Consultative Committee - Wakefield Rep: Steve Travis (Re-elected)
- MAP Consultative Committee - Deputy Wakefield Rep: Mo Griffiths (Elected)
- Press Officer: Pamela White (Re-elected)
- Membership Secretary: Steve Travis (Re-elected)
- Clubs Liaison Officer: Eddie Johnson (Re-elected)
- Fundraising Officer (New Committee Position for 2009): Lisa Brooker (Elected)
- Auditors: Ian Whittaker & Igor Duma (Re-elected)
This is virtually the same committee as last year so it bodes extremely well for yet another successful year for the branch.
Our branch heroes for 2008 were:
- Most attendances: Mick Culpan (955 points, duly rewarded with a 1L bottle of Smirnoff Vodka)
- Most attendances runner-up: Daz Pearson (845 points, duly rewarded with a 70CL bottle of Smirnoff Vodka)
- Most attendances to Branch meetings on a bike: Mick Culpan (11 meetings, duly rewarded with a bottle of Port)
- Chairmans Award (biggest contribution to the branch): Lorna, Sue, Kelly & Corinne (Branch Social Committee, for all the hard work put in). Duly rewarded with a bottle of Malibu (to share obviously)
- Honourable mention: Mo Griffiths & Paul Ingham (for the motorcycle recovery service from Yeadon to Barnsley, for Barnsley MAG member Lee Armitage, when he broke down following the Tan Hill (Hawes) rideout in October). Duly rewarded with a case of John Smith's Extra Smooth Bitter
- Honourable mention: Lisa Brooker (for doing the raffle, week in, week out, and not complaining once). Duly rewarded with a box of Cabury's Heroes
A number of motions were raised regarding improving our rideouts and raising more yet funds for MAG. Keep an eye on the newsletters for more info Link.
The full AGM minutes are published on this site Link.